Hereford Contemporary 11 to 13 November 2016
Admire commission and buy direct from a stunning range of jewellery, textiles, furniture, paintings, wooden home wares, ceramics and porcelain, glass, stone carving, prints, basketry, leather bags, fashion accessories, metalwork and sculpture.
Click here to see the 2016 exhibitor images
2016 Opening Times:
- Friday 11th and Saturday 12th November: 10am – 5.30pm
- Sunday 13th November: 10am – 5pm
- Standard: £4 (£2 after 4pm)
- Students: £2
- Under 16’s: Free
- Reduced rate re-admission for a second day (you must present your original wristband): £2, or FREE if you bring along a new visitor
The Left Bank, Bridge Street, Hereford, HR4 9DG.
Hereford Contemporary is held in the Left Bank on the first floor, second floor and outside courtyard space, with adult workshops taking place on Friday and children’s workshops on Saturday and Sunday, in the Coach House. Visitors and exhibitors alike have easy (and full disabled) access to light refreshments on the first and third floor, you can sit inside or outside on the River Terraces. Or choose the excellent, locally sourced food and drink at De Koffie Pot café/bar in the Coach House, including the courtyard outside with it’s warming fire bowls.
Visitors are welcome to roam in and out of the exhibition spaces all day, free to enjoy all aspects of the environment. The perfect opportunity to catch up with friends in a real social buzz with access to creative, stunning art and products from the best of Britain’s artist/designer makers and maybe make a day of it, taking some time to visit Hereford Cathedral, Mappa Mundi or just enjoy a walk along the river.
- This year we aim to assist new creative businesses in promoting their work and reaching a wider audience. Brightstripe have offered three reduced cost stands to fledgling designer makers; Gaby Devitt, Verity Howard and Mizuki Takahashi whose work has impressed the show selection panel.
- The difficult task of selecting 2016’s exhibitors was given to invited guests; Aine Venables, illustrator and HCA tutor, Del Done, ceramacist and HCA tutor, Clair Hodgson, jeweller from Wobage Makers Gallery, Leoni Linton (Brightstripe team), Marissa Harmon, textile artist, Mel Potter, jeweller (Brightstripe team) and Sylvia Stiff, textile artist, photographer with the criteria of selecting makers whose work demonstrates excellence, in execution, strong design and quality of craftsmanship
- Adult and children’s workshops will be running during the event in Gwynne House, Left Bank.
- Demonstrators will be giving visitors an opportunity to see what goes into producing the finished work, both inside and outside in Kate’s Square over the three days.
- At the Hereford Contemporary and in The Bishop’s Palace, next to the cathedral less than 5 minutes walk from Hereford Contemporary, will be an exhibition of artwork ‘Postcards from Life’, to be auctioned by various artists to support St Michaels Hospice.
- We love to have your feedback, so please let us know what you think at the event by completing our various quick feedback options, maybe over a coffee and a piece of cake.
What our visitors think:
“It was excellent” – 2015 visitor
“Beautiful original items” – 2015 visitor
“Always a wonderful event” – 2014 visitor
97% of visitors rated Hereford Contemporary Craft Fair as “high quality” – 2015 survey feedback
95% of visitors would recommend the event – 2015 survey feedback
96% of visitors enjoyed the event – 2015 survey feedback
75% of visitors said it “exceeded their expectations” – 2015 survey feedback